I’m having an “I Hate MS” day (not that I love it any other day, but some days are just in the “I Dislike MS” category!). So, today’s topic is the top 5 things I particularly hate about it in this moment (I say that because the list could change from day to day). We’ll look at this David Letterman style, except we’ll start with #5.
5. Doctor’s waiting rooms – I don’t think I’ve ever spent so much time at a doctor’s office in my whole 30 years of existence than I have since August of last year. Glad I’m an avid reader, in addition to someone who loves to just sit and think, or I would go insane!
4. Having “good hours” and “bad hours” – What ever happened to having a good week, or even a good day? With MS, you never know what the next hour holds. The good thing is, the hour after that just might be back to “good” again.
3. Future plans – my husband asked me this morning what I would like to do once our daughter turns 18 in 7 years. Hmmm…this goes back to #4 of the whole “good hour, bad hour” statement. How the heck should I know what I want to do in 7 years? I’ll let you know in about 6 years, 364 days and 23 hours because it all may change in that last hour.
2. 3x/week shots – Good thing I’m not a sissy when it comes to shots! It’s not the shots I mind, it’s the crappy, run down feeling that is the aftermath. Luckily, my doctor (see #5) is changing me to a treatment that will hopefully “cure” this side effect.
1. And the #1 reason of today…(drumroll inserted)…shaky hands – I would really love for my hand to quit jumping off of my keyboard!
So, there’s my MS rant for today. There may be a different list tomorrow, or hell, maybe in about an hour! 🙂